Welcome to the Khandallah Playgroup website!
Our playgroup offers a fun and safe environment in which caregivers are able to relax and share their experiences and children can have fun and learn important skills in an age appropriate, well resourced environment. Email us now to enrol your child!
When we are open
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 (noon)
- Term 1 – Tuesday 26 January to Friday 16 April
- Term 2 – Monday 03 May to Friday 9 July
- Term 3 – Monday 26 July to Friday 01 October
- Term 4 – Monday 18 October to Friday 17 December
Where are we
11 Ganges Road, Khandallah (behind the Khandallah Town Hall).
View Larger Map
Our group is made up of pre-school aged children, aged between 0-4 years. Our toys and facilities are aimed at children aged 1-4 but younger babies are very welcome.
Facilities and Activities
We offer a well resourced, purpose organised space in which children can learn, explore and have fun. The playgroup rooms offer age-appropriate toys and games as well as an extensive outdoor playground. In addition, the rooms include kitchen, bathroom, and baby changing facilities. Some of the activities available to children and caregivers include:
- Art and craft, including painting, collage, and construction
- Playdough and toy kitchen
- Puzzles and games
- Books and storytelling
- Fantasy, family, and dramatic play
- Music and movement
- Exploratory and discovery play
- Sand and outdoor/active play
How Playgroup Is Run
Our playgroup is a parent run organisation and as such we encourage parents and caregivers to participate in their child's skill development. Parents and caregivers are responsible for the organisation of sessions - setting up activities, supervising children, tidying up at the end of sessions etc. Volunteer supervisors oversee the general running of groups and assist with session organisation. The playgroup Committee, comprised of volunteer parents, manage the playgroup on an administrative level. Parents are encouraged to participate in the running of playgroup by being an active member during sessions, volunteering as a supervisor, and/or joining the Committee.
- $25 per term for one child attending with a parent
- $37.50 per term for two children attending with a parent
- $50 per term for one child attending with a nanny/caregiver
- $75 per term for two children attending with a nanny/caregiver
- Under 1 – there is no charge if they attend with an older sibling
- Fees are to be paid by internet banking upon online enrollment.