Welcome to the Khandallah Playgroup website!
Our playgroup offers a fun and safe environment in which caregivers are able to relax and share their experiences and children can have fun and learn important skills in an age appropriate, well resourced environment. Email us now to enrol your child!
When we are open
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 (noon)
- Term 4: Monday 15 October - Friday 21 December
- Term 1: Tuesday 22 January - Friday 12 April (Monday 21 January is Wellington Anniversary Day)
- Term 2: Monday 29 April - Friday 5 July
- Term 3: Monday 22 July - Friday 27 September
- Term 4: Monday 14 October - Friday 20 December
Where are we
11 Ganges Road, Khandallah (behind the Khandallah Town Hall).
View Larger Map
Our group is made up of pre-school aged children, aged between 0-4 years. We no longer have an under 2's only day. Our toys and facilities are aimed at children aged 1-4 but younger babies are very welcome.
Facilities and Activities
We offer a well resourced, purpose organised space in which children can learn, explore and have fun. The playgroup rooms offer age-appropriate toys and games as well as an extensive outdoor playground. In addition, the rooms include kitchen, bathroom, and baby changing facilities. Some of the activities available to children and caregivers include:
- Art and craft, including painting, collage, and construction
- Playdough and toy kitchen
- Puzzles and games
- Books and storytelling
- Fantasy, family, and dramatic play
- Music and movement
- Exploratory and discovery play
- Sand and outdoor/active play
How Playgroup Is Run
Our playgroup is a parent run organisation and as such we encourage parents and caregivers to participate in their child's skill development. Parents and caregivers are responsible for the organisation of sessions - setting up activities, supervising children, tidying up at the end of sessions etc. Volunteer supervisors oversee the general running of groups and assist with session organisation. The playgroup Committee, comprised of volunteer parents, manage the playgroup on an administrative level. Parents are encouraged to participate in the running of playgroup by being an active member during sessions, volunteering as a supervisor, and/or joining the Committee.
- 1 Child; $25 per term
- 1 Child + sibling under 1 yr; $25 per term
- 2 or more Children; $37.50 per term
- Supervisor; Free
- Shared supervisor role; 1/2 the normal fee
- Committee Member; Free
- Nanny/Au Pair + 1 Child; $50 per term
- Nanny/Au Pair + 1 Child + sibling under 1 year; $50 per term
- Nanny/Au Pair + 2 or more Children from 1 family; $75 per term